Wednesday, August 5, 2009

5 Random Things

(Thanks for prompting this Two Pretzels.)

1. Until the 6th grade I was one of the tallest and biggest girls in my class. Then... I stopped growing. Literally. Now I am considered "petite."

2. My dad says that I was "such a nice girl" until I met my husband. Once I met him I started burping at the table, talking about farting and drinking beer. It was always in me..... :)

3. My first date was in the 7th grade when I snuck out of the house to go see My Girl at the movie theatre at the Findlay Village Mall. I told my parents I was going to my friend Amy's house and my boyfriend's sister (who was OBVIOUSLY older) picked me up and we went with her and her boyfriend. I remember sitting at supper that night picking at the spaghetti my mom made because I was SO nervous knowing that I was lying to them. My parents ended up finding out and I got grounded.

4. I learned to play piano and read music before I was able to read words. I started playing piano because I wanted to play like my Aunt Cathy. After a friend of mine died, I learned to play a special song that was played at his funeral and played it at my home church and Aunt Cathy came just to hear me play it. I felt so special and loved at that moment.

5. Sweets are my vice. I once got sick because I just kept eating and eating a pound bag of M&Ms. Yup. Proud of that moment.

3 comments:

Traci said...

about #3....i cannot wait 'til my girls are old enough to date and sneak out of the house! (hahaha. NOT.) talking w/ my high school friends - who all have kids now too - we decided our kids are all grounded until they're 18...just so they don't try the same things we DID in jr. high and high school. :)

ryan said...

VINDICATION!!! I knew it was always there!!

Wrestling Kitties said...

my parents say the same thing about me once I met my husband, I agree it was always there!

What a great memory to be able to do something special like that at your friends funneral.