Friday, July 3, 2009

I love them so much.

My kids are wonderful. I love them SOOOO much.

They are sweet children and very flexible. Yesterday, we were at the zoo all day long. Reece didn't have a nap yesterday afternoon until he slept for about 20 minutes between Toledo and BG when we stopped for supper. And his little feet walked and walked and walked all over the zoo. MY feet were sore. I'm sure his were too.

He has had nose bleeds two nights in a row. Now, you have to understand that he freaks out (I mean FREAKS out!) when he is hurt. He hates band-aids, he threw a fit when we tried to get a splinter out. Shall I go on? The first night the nose bleed wasn't bad. This morning when he woke up it was REALLY bad. (I won't even describe what he or his bed looked like, that bad.) He didn't freak out AT ALL. I am so proud of him. He was patient and understood that he needed to get cleaned up. He didn't even freak out at the sight of the blood on his bed.

Jenna has slept in the car on the way to the zoo yesterday and on the way to Sauder Village today. Then, she slept for a good hour and a half or two hours each afternoon in her stroller. She is such a talker. She literally jibber-jabbers all day long. The ONLY time she's doesn't is when she's sleeping. Seriously. She was sitting in the back of the van saying, "Mama, mama, mama, mama." When I didn't answer her she switched to, "Dada, dada, dada, dada." When he didn't answer she just started making noises - blowing raspberries, using her finger against her lips and making that funny bibibiibibbi noise. Funny girl. My mom just keeps cracking up at her.

Now, they are both exhausted, don't get me wrong. And they are so funny. When Reece gets tired he gets quiet, cuddly and just kind of wants to be by himself. He also gets whiney. When Jenna gets tired, she gets hyper. It's like she understands that if she sits down or relaxes she will go to sleep and then how would she be able to have fun?

I just love them so much. They are wonderful children and are so much fun.

Oh, and like alluded to earlier, today our trip was to Sauder Village outside of Archbold. What a cool place! Ryan and I could have listened to the people in the shops all day long. Reece got a bit bored, though. Random fact: Erie Sauder (creator and owner of Sauder Furniture and Sauder Village) was my Grandma Hilty's first cousin. How cool is that?!? It was like seeing my family heritage everywhere. AND, my grandma's sister, Vera, who is 92 still works at the village in the rug weaving shop. We got to visit with her today and she totally reminded me of my grandma. It was really nice.

More to come....

4 comments:

Traci said...

sounds like fun!

we were thinking about Sauder Village for later this summer...is there enough to keep the kids entertained? (mine are 5 1/2 and 2 1/2). i haven't been there for YEARS and forget what is there.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I think that your children are such a reflection of you and R.

I mean, really. How could you two not have flexible, content and sweet little muffins?

Dri said...

TLC - Sauder Village is a wonderful place. My 4 y.o. got bored pretty fast with listening to the talks, but they do have a pretty neat farm with lots of different kinds of animals the kids can look at. You can also take a buggy ride, there is a little train ride that's cool, they have a kids house with toys from that era they can play with. And, of course, the candy and ice cream stores as well as the general store that had some cool things to look at and touch.

Overall, I think older kids would appreciate ALL of Sauder Village, but there was enough for little kids to do that I would go back with him.

Traci said...

thanks!!! this might have to be one of our mini trips this summer. :)