In a matter of two weeks' time I have completely devoured TWO of Jodi Piccoult's books.
I finished Plain Truth last night and I highly recommend this book as well (again, THANK YOU for the recommendation, Rachel!). Here are my thoughts:
- I appreciated her writing style by choosing to bring the story to her readers through several different character's point of view in first person at different times in the book.
- I appreciated the variety of topics touched on - the paranormal, Amish culture, history and ideas, the "English" world, love, court room drama, pregnancy from several different perspectives.
- I love how the world's collided. The English legal system that didn't understand the Amish culture, Katie (one of the main characters) at home on her parents' farm and in the worldly culture visiting her brother at college. Ellie coming from being a high powered attorney to finding peace and rest on an Amish farm.
- Katie's character was an interesting bird. I had a hard time knowing the whole time whether or not to believe her.... but I had a hunch about how everything played out in the end. Even though I had that hunch, I still wasn't SURE and so it compelled me to keep reading.
Pick this one up! It's a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment