We had to talk to Reece about his pet fish, Mr. Shanks, dying tonight.
Mr. Shanks is not dead yet, but it will not be long. He's totally floating more than swimming. We've had him for 15 months, which I hear is pretty good for a Beta fish. Ryan just assigned Reece the "chore" of feeding Mr. Shanks, too, so Reece has more responsibility with him.
Anywho, we thought that we'd better prep Reece for this impending death but we didn't want to say he was getting sick and could die because we didn't want to associate sick with death. So, I start talking to Reece and saying stuff like, "Well, Mr. Shanks is getting old and when you get old sometimes you get really tired...." at which point Ryan starts cracking up. He was totally laughing at me and the way I was explaining everything. (Jerk.) So, I gave up and told him to take a shot at it. So, he eloquently explains how when a fish gets old sometimes they have to leave their fish body here and go up to fish heaven and how the nicest thing you can do for a fish who leaves his fish body and goes to fish heaven is flush him down the toilet.... blah, blah, blah. Cheese, cheese, cheese.
Reece was like, "Okay. I'll watch and let ya know when he leaves his fish body down here so we can flush him down the toilet." And then he proceeded to play. And Ryan proceeded to continue to laugh his butt off at me and my lame-o explanation. He said, "Good... we don't want to link sickness and dying but you were okay with linking being tired and dying?" And then he kept LAUGHING. AT. ME.
Jerk face.
2 comments:
Cute story!
My little boy Logan loved his fish so much he decided he wanted them to sleep with him. I found two fish caracasses in his bed. Pretty gross!
I don't know how but I seemed to have not added you to my favorite blogs and quite honestly haven't checked it cuz it wasn't on my list! How did that happen?? Anyway glad I found you again!
Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but this was a great story.
Post a Comment