I've been back to work for one whole week and it's going pretty well, actually.
I'm a very organized/uncluttered person so I just want to get in there and rearrange everything, but I feel like I should get into the job a bit more until I do that so I know exactly what I need/don't need. It's always frustrating when it takes me triple the time it should to do something just because I don't know where something is or it's in the wrong place, or I have no clue how to do it so I have to keep asking for help. I'm sure I'll look back after 3 months and all of this will be behind me and I'll feel very good about everything.
I really enjoy my boss and I'm getting to know my two co-workers a little better and I think they are accepting me as part of their "family" a bit more as well. Time will tell.
I can say one thing - I never knew too much about insurance. I couldn't even tell you what coverages we have on our policies. Now, I'm realizing just how important it is to have the correct amount of insurance as protection for the unthinkable situations of life. Today, I experienced a widower receiving the life insurance check to pay for his wife's funeral. She died before Christmas and her funeral was held on Christmas Eve. His misty eyes were almost more than I could handle and unfortunately the check he was receiving wouldn't even pay for the entire funeral. If I die prematurely, I want to make sure my family is taken care of. I don't want money to be an issue for them. At all. I'm thankful Ryan and I have already taken care of our life insurance policies.
2 comments:
Hi Dri,
Just getting caught up on your blog. Congrats on your new job! Hopefully you'll get settled in right away and it will be even clearer why this opportunity was presented to you. Sounds like you'll be learning a lot, and that's never a bad thing.
I hope you had a Merry Christmas, the pictures of your kids are so cute!
I hope everything is getting more familiar to you! That would be an interesting thing, learning about insurance and stuff. This is something I have NO idea about but should.
I hope all is well!
Post a Comment