Potentially no bailout for the Big 3.
A toddler's body found in Florida.
A state senate seat "for sale."
An ice storm where they normally don't have snow.
Teen fast food workers bathing in a KFC sink and posting the pictures on the internet.
American's taking more and more prescription drugs.
The news stresses me out and depresses me.
My (former) boss doesn't watch the news, I don't think I could do that because I like to be informed. It's a vicious cycle for me, really. Watch the news (read: The Today Show) to be informed, be informed to the point of depression, don't watch the news, stop being informed, watch the news again to be informed, get depressed again.... continue as above...
Are you a morning show news watcher? What news station(s) do you watch? Do you listen to your news on the radio?
Maybe I just need to stick to listening to NPR and reading TIME Magazine. They seem more informative and less emotionalized.
6 comments:
I am a news junkie. Always have been, always will be. I read the NY Times and Washington Post online every day, and tend to check CNN.com every hour or so while at work -- just to see what's going on.
i usually have Good Morning America on in the background. I also watch the local morning news during the week while getting ready for work.
i have CNN on all afternoon when i get home from work (love that Rick Sanchez!). and i tend to watch Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann when I have time.
The news is depressing lately...but I keep hoping for that silver lining.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Robin Meade on Headline news. She makes me laugh even when the outlook is bleak. I also appreciate that during the election she called out ALL candidates on dumb stuff... not biased at all. SHE is my favorite.
I don't watch the news or read the paper. I find it more depressing than informative. My husband fills me in on interesting happenings.... of which I only half listen to.
Do I feel informed? Not really. Do I care? Not really. :)
I do enjoy the Today Show, if I ever had a chance to turn it on. And I love Kelly on Regis & Kelly! Not really the political informative type news.... but hey, it is what it is.
This is why I severely limit my ingestion of daily news and why I'm incredibly discriminating as to what I read online.
I prefer the world through rose-colored glasses, thank you very much.
I think it's important to be informed especially about your local community. I don't think you need to read the newspaper cover to cover every day like our grandparents, but watching the news is good and I do love GMA. Is Bob & Tom a viable news source?
I do not watch the news often. I will read major stories online, but I just hate the news.....though I wish I would be updated more.
Post a Comment