
I feel like I don't have a care in the world.
My beautiful daughter is sleeping with the breeze blowing through the open windows.
I just looked outside and saw gorgeous blue skies with puffy white clouds.
It is the PERFECT temperature for summer - 82 and sunny with a breeze. Great for playing outside in the warm-but-not-too-warm morning, swimming in the relative heat of the day and going for a refreshing walk in the cool of the evening.
Little R. was occupied in the BEST little kid way possible; with a bucket of water and a paint brush that he used to "paint the driveway" and now he's taking a nap as well. He figured out that if he made a line with his sidewalk chalk and then painted over it that it looked pretty cool. It was fun for me to see HIM think of that on his own and helped me appreciate his creativity and thoughtfulness.
I washed and snipped fresh green beans from R's dad's garden (no, they are not the size of my hand!) and R and Little R. husked some corn from my grandma's patch. We will be having both for supper this evening.
All-in-all a day like today makes me nostalgic for my summer days as a kid when I didn't have a care in the world and just played and played, swam, helped mom can some veggies and make strawberry jelly, swam some more and ended the night with a bowl of ice cream without worrying about whether or not it would go directly to my hips.
I'm just going to sit and bask in this for a few more minutes! I may even take a nap.
I hope you all enjoyed today, too!
1 comment:
What a lovely post. I'm so glad you had such a nice moment, friend.
Post a Comment