
I was watching a What Not to Wear marathon on TLC that ended at 9 p.m. tonight and then the first episode of "I Can Make You Thin" came on.
(Now, keep in mind that I'm 8 months pregnant, so my body shape and weight are constantly on my mind right now. Although, I say that as though body shape and weight aren't on my mind when I'm not preggo.)
Anyway...
His four simple rules for weight loss that he passed on tonight are:
1.) When you are hungry, eat.
2.) Eat what you want/like.
3.) Eat consciously.
4.) Stop when you are full.
Those four principles are the basis of his entire program.
Did anyone else watch this or have your heard of him before? What did you think?
One thing he said that I'm still thinking about is eat what you like, not what you think you should like. And don't eat it if you don't really enjoy it or like it. It got me thinking about what I really like to eat and what I just eat either because it's on my plate or because I think I should.
I started a list of things I actually enjoy eating in the comments section. Join in if you'd like.
2 comments:
Initial list of what I truly enjoy eating:
- fruit; specifically berries, melon, apples, bananas, fresh pineapple
- my hubby's guacamole
- peanut butter
- a really good, juicy cheeseburger
- creamy pasta
- crackers and cheese
- mashed potatoes
- corn on the cob
- chocolate
- salad from restaurants
Initial list of what I eat, but 9 times out of 10 don't really enjoy:
- chicken
- pork
- most raw veggies
- salad at home
- McDonald's french fries
I'm sure I'll think of more....
Interesting concept, really it makes tons of sense.
I can tell you that my biggest problem is just eating when I'm not really hungry. Just because I feel like I 'supposed' to eat at that time, or because food is in front of my face.
I'm going to have to think of my lists...
Post a Comment