Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Milestone:


I actually enjoyed a hockey game last night and didn't leave thinking, "Why the HECK do they have to fight so much?"

I have been watching hockey on and off for approximately 7-8 years now - my nephew who is 11 plays goalie and we watch him and have caught a few games here and there other than his.

Usually I sit there thinking, "This is ridiculous." Grown men, throwing their gloves and helmets off to punch each other over something that is stupid and the refs just standing there watching ("because it's part of the sport"). Stupid.

Enter last night. We took some of our youth to see a Ft. Wayne Komets game. I didn't care that they were fighting. I actually thought at one point, "Punch the guy's lights out!"

Maybe I was living vicariously through the guys on the ice, maybe I've turned over a new leaf, maybe....... last night was a fluke.

Whatever it was, I had fun.

No comments: