Thursday, February 28, 2008

Birthday Cakes


Little R. and I went to Wal-mart today to get some stuff for his upcoming birthday party. It's not for two more weeks, but we were there for something else and well, why not....

So, he picked out Cars plates, napkins, cups and invitations and proceeded to pick out a Cars cupcake cake.

Then, he proceeded to start crying when we left the cake counter because he wanted to take his cake home with him now. Now, this wasn't a I'm-thowing-a-really-loud-fit-right-in-the-middle-of-the-store kind of cry, it was a sad you-just-broke-my-heart kind of cry.

The typical mommy explanation - "the nice gentleman at the counter has to make it for us and we'll pick it up in a couple of sleeps" - didn't work. He responded to that by saying, "But, I don't want to sleep, I want my cake." Again, picture this being said with the SADDEST face you can imagine and a bit of whine to the tone of voice.

It blew over, but he was definitely disappointed.

I also found the above package of Cars at Kroger today. He will LOVE them!

No comments: