Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A taste of childhood.


Tonight for supper I cooked some frozen broccoli and then melted some Velveeta cheese on top.

IT IS SO YUMMY! My mom used to make broccoli that way all the time and I used to love it (okay, I still love it). Especially when she made baked potatoes and I could top my potato with the cheesy goodness.

Little R. loved the broccoli tonight, too.

7 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

Yum...really broccoli and velveeta is the perfect couple!!!

P.S. I am a friend of two pretzels and found your blog through hers! I always feel I should introduce myself so you are not wondering who the heck is commenting on your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

OK, seriously, have you ever read the ingredient label on Velveeta?

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Oh, I absolutely loved that when I was little. My gram would make her own cheese sauce out of flour, milk, and cheddar. LOVED it.

Rachel said...

Okay, I know this wasn't directed to me ... but I know I'm not the only one thinking it - so I will share my answer

In response to aunt jan, no. I have not read the ingredient label on Velveeta ... and there is a reason for that ...

Dri said...

I love you, Aunt Jan! :)

No, I have not read the ingredients on Velveeta....

I am assuming that anything that says it is a "processed cheese product" probably isn't something I want to eat too much of.

It is still good, though, and makes a killer cheesy salsa dip.

Dri said...

Just in case anyone is wondering...

Ingredients:
milk, water, whey, milk protein concentrate, milkfat, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of salt, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid as a preservative, sodium alginate, sodium citrate, enzymes, apocarotenal (color), annatto (color), cheese culture

Now you know and so do I....

Anonymous said...

All things in moderation......Enjoy!