
So, I posted on Two Pretzel's blog a couple of days ago that I am not making anything for Thanksgiving. That was an inadvertant lie. I am now making Sweet Potato Casserole - Ryan's grandma's recipe. Here it is for those of you who might want it:
Heat and drain 1 large can sweet potatoes, mix with a mixer
Add:
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 stick butter
2 eggs (add these last)
Place in a sprayed 9x13 pan.
Top with mixture of:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 stick butter
(Ryan's grandma melts the butter and mixes those together and then pours them on top of the sweet potato mixture)
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Allow me to tell you why these are so good - BUTTER, SUGAR, and EVAPORATED MILK. And lots of it! :)
YAY for Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment