Thursday, July 26, 2007

Walkin' down the street


Pretty Woman is on T.V. right now. What a great classic movie!

I love the scene in the restaurant when she flings her food across the room and the guy says, "Happens all the time."

And, when she walks back in the store that treated her like crap with all of her bags from the other store and says, "You work on commission, right? Big mistake. BIG mistake."

Any other favorite scenes? Do share....

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE the scene toward the end where she's talking to the hotel manager guy (who showed up on Chicago Hope as a surgeon later). He's so sweet to her and offers her a car to take her home and says that she's more than welcome to come back anytime. It's a sweet way of showing how they both grew through and past the stereotypes that started the movie.
Also towards then end, Kit comes to visit her at the hotel and they're talking about how Vivian has fallen in love and she kissed him on the mouth (another really great scene ... that kiss) and Viv asks Kit who it really ever works out for, who ever gets the fairy tale. Kit's response, "Cinder - *$%^&#* - rella". I love that.
I also really like the musical montage right around then ... mostly because I love that song ... "It must have been love. But it's over now. It must have been good. But I lost it somehow ..."
You know what? I really love the movie. I have since I was a kid. So I'm going to stop listing off scenes, b/c pretty soon I'll have listed the whole movie.
One last one though - I love when Edward takes her shopping.

Sarah said...

LOVE this movie! One of my favorites is when they are at the polo (?right) match and she starts cheering...WOH, WOH, WOH...and pumps her fist/arm.

Reg.Bev.Will.

Dri said...

Reg. Bev. Will.

Awesome! I forgot about that scene.

One of our youth borrowed my copy (I know, great movie for a youth director's wife to lend to one of our kids.... ah well) and hasn't returned it yet.

Good thing it was on T.V. so I could see it again.

Anonymous said...

Pretty Woman is probably my LEAST favorite movie of all time, so I can't participate. Wait...yes I can. My favorite scene was the credits. To this day I have not seen another movie with Richard Gere OR Julia Roberts in it because of Pretty Woman. QUESTION: Do you think this is a gender issue?

Malissa said...

b-rent - it might be a gender issue; i've NEVER really heard a male say that this move was on his top 10 list. or top anything for that matter.
i love at the beginning when the guy says "welcome to hollywood! everyone has a dream! what's your dream!?"
and "color me happy, there's a couch for two!!" in the elevator
and when she calls Kit to tell what hotel she's in and she says "write this down, at i'm the regis beverly wilshire" and kit writes "reg, bev, wilsh."

Dri said...

B-rent. It probably is a gender thing. Ryan seriously dislikes that movie as well. That night he was appeasing me because he was on the computer and wasn't watching T.V. anyway. Maybe it's every girl's dream... you know, to be a prostitute and then get picked up by a rich man and live happily ever after. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...TOTALLY the bubble bath scene with the head phones on singing Prince's "Kiss". That would definitely be me in the tub. And for the record, Matt doesn't see the attraction to the movie either. I'm not sure about the prostitute part, but who wouldn't love to have someone spend money on you like it ain't no thing!
Daryn

Anonymous said...

I also can't let this blog go by without telling this story...When I worked as the drive-up teller at our small town bank, and I would see someone I knew walking by, I would always take the opportunity to sing them pretty woman. Or, these boots were made for walkin'. I can't help it, it's a disease. Everything is a song to me.
Daryn

Dri said...

LOL!

"I can't help it. It's a disease. Everything is a song to me."

LOL!