Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Female Opinions

If you would have been in my house for the past hour and a half you would have seen me try on at least 8 different outfits. Probably more. I feel like I did when Ryan and I started dating and I was going to meet his sister for the first time. Nerves, let me tell ya.

The reason I'm trying on outfits tonight is for a completely different, yet important reason. I'm going to my first trade show to represent South Main Designs. We will be in a neighboring state for 3 days, working LONG hours every day selling jewelry and hopefully signing on many new consultants for our company. So, not only do I need to feel good in the clothes I'm wearing so I have confidence, they have to be comfortable, I have to be able to wear practical (read: flat) shoes AND my outfits need to show off our company's amazing line of accessories.


Such pressure. I need female opinions on my outfits. Said S-i-L is going to stop by tomorrow and help me, my friend R. is going to drop off a shirt tomorrow that she tailored for me so I'll probably ask her opinion, and maybe even my friend L. will be stop by.


All the sudden I'm feeling very insecure... help me ladies in my life! :)

6 comments:

Ryan said...

I guess I'm not R. anymore :)

I'm out now...

Rachel said...

so how do we tell if she's talking about/to you or me? ... :P

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

YOU can do this! First of, Dri - you look great EVERY time I see you. Really, your taste in clothing and your outfits really flatter you.

Secondly, you've got great hair. And, in my opinion, with great hair you can do anything. ;-)

Thirdly, be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Seriously.

Finally, when you're there - be you! Be warm and kind and smile. Th first thing people will notice about you is how you radiate warmth and your smile. If you're happy and seem happy doing what you do, without being overly excited, they'll want what you have.

(In my opinion, that's what our spiritual lives should be like, too. Be who you are, people will want to know why you're that way.)

(Sorry this was so long. I clearly do not feel like working today...)

Dri said...

Okay, you two "R's".... knock it off! :) I'll just have to keep you on your toes.

Thanks K. for the encouragement, I appreciate it. We are always our worst critics. My insightful hubby also said that many of the women walking up to our booth aren't going to want model thin people whose image is not attainable. They are going to want someone who has a nice, approachable personality. I know that would be true for me if I was possibly signing on with a company as a consultant.

Phew, that insecurity came out of the blue, I'm usually a pretty secure female - but man, last night was a strong exception.

Oh and thanks, hubby, for letting me try on all of my outfits last night and making good suggestions. You were ALMOST as good as having a female opinion! :)I love you hubby.

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

This is a little late for your event, but I hope you don't mind if I add my two cents for next time (I'm Trophy Life's friend, by the way!)

Last weekend, I couldn't decide what to wear for an extended family picture. So I took two pictures of myself in the two outfits. The second I saw them, I knew which one to wear.

Yes, my husband did laugh at me. :)

Dri said...

That's a really good idea, Quiet Oasis. I will definitely have to try that next time.

I'm sure my hubby will laugh at me, too, but then at least he may not need to be subjected to the torture of a wife saying, "Does this make me look fat?" :)